Monday, February 25, 2008
Why Adoption??
In December of 2006 I listened to a sermon on the internet given by my pastor in Topeka, KS. "Let it be" was the topic of the sermon (Luke 1:38) and as I listened, I had this overwhelming desire to follow God's plan for me. I prayed that I would be willing to do whatever He asked of me. Within days of praying this, I was bombarded with stories, statistics, and sermons about adoption. One day, I verbalized to my brother Bob "is this crazy" and since then I have continued to feel led down this difficult journey. Although challenges arise, God has been faithful in opening doors for me. I know this is the path that God has laid before me. I've wrestled with the idea of being a single parent but I know that I have so much more to offer the little girl that God is allowing me to adopt. These orphans have no future, no hope to hear the Gospel, and no hope for a loving family. I don't know my little girl yet but my love for her grows every day. The odds are that she is in this world.... now I just need to be patient until we meet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment