"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Financial Update

I mentioned in one of my previous blogs that one of the benefits of the region of the region was a shorter stay in Russia on the second trip. Unfortunately this might not be the case any more. The first trip will be six days; however, the second trip might be a month long. Although this change will cost about $5,000 more, there are benefits. This time will allow my little girl a chance to get to know her mom a little bit before we get on a train and airplane for hours. It will also give me a chance to learn more about her culture, city and country.

I have updated the goal chart with the expense increase, the generosity of wonderful friends and the money I have saved. So many of you have blessed me far beyond my wildest dreams. When I began this process, I had it all figured out how I would pay for the adoption. God had other plans. With the stock market crash and my house not selling my plans fell extremely short. The simple words “Thank you” do not seem to adequately express my feelings. In the middle of this crazy adventure, the love I feel from each of you that have generously given of your time and money is overwhelming. I am so grateful for the countless prayers so many of you have lifted up for my little girl.


I am working on a couple more fundraisers and applying for two more grants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great new profile picture! It's perfect because you are bringing home the next generation!