"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Enjoying the Wait

This past week I have been reflecting on the last two years. Almost two years ago I submitted my application to the agency. As you may know I had anticipated having Annika home already, but I continue to wait for the long anticipated phone call. To be honest it is challenging to not get discouraged but God is truly in control. My prayer is that I will take time to enjoy this amazing adventure and see God working every step of the way.

The first part of this summer I was extremely busy with work but now I am taking time to enjoy the summer. It is time for Royals games, motorcycle rides, game nights, movies, scrap booking and catching up with friends.

I'm reminded of the verse in Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord, shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." I will not be weary of this adventure but embrace it and enjoy every moment. God has created little Annika and chosen her to be my daughter. He will bring us together just at the right moment. Thank you for keeping both Annika and me in your prayers!








1 comment:

Jill Thorne said...

You go girl! While you're waiting longer than many, your long wait is not unheard of with the international adoptions I've been involved with. Hang in there.