"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Walk By Faith

It seems so strange to just now be posting this blog, but things have been extremely busy and exciting the past few weeks. In addition, I now need to be a bit more general in my comments. With that said, I am excited to share that on November 23rd I purchased two airline tickets to Russia! My brother and I leave on December 11th to meet an adorable little girl. So many of you have been so faithful to pray for little Annika for the past three years. We have prayed for her before she was born, before we knew who she was, and we all continue to pray for her safety and journey home. Would you all join me in praying for a few specific things?


*Her health: There a few things on her medical reports that are a bit concerning; however, it is difficult to determine the true scope. Please pray that she is truly a healthy little girl that just needs to be loved.


*Our trip: God has graciously answered many prayers and allowed me to travel before the first of the year. This means my brother Bob can go with me!! We leave on Saturday and will arrive in Russia on Sunday. We will get to see her on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday then return to Kansas City late Thursday night. Please pray for safe travel and a wonderful time visiting Annika.


*Our Health: I have caught something and am a bit under the weather. Please pray that I recover quickly and I healthy for the trip and feel well enough to get everything done for the trip plus at work. Please pray as well that Bob stays healthy.


God has been so gracious during this entire journey. I know that He is in control of every detail of my life as well as little Annika’s . He chose her to be my daughter and for that I am so grateful. I am also grateful that God has shown me a glimpse of those countless details. I love details and I so love an awesome God that knows how to comfort His children. Whenever I have felt anxious or nervous the last few weeks, He has reminded me of the specific details He has revealed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you Kirsti! Me and my MOPS group will be praying for you!

Toyin O. said...

Congrats on your new litte girl, will keep you guys in prayer:)